Thursday, May 27, 2010

The 'PIErentice

I'm not great at math, but according to my calculations, I'm almost half way through this year of pie baking.

(I can hear you rejoicing from here. Thank you, thank you.)

One of the main reasons I wanted to make 52 pies this year was because I wanted to improve my crust-making abilities. I know this isn't exactly a time for reflection--since I'm not done and technically not even half-way yet--but I want to say that I am happy with how much better my crusts have become over the past few months.

Still, I'm no crust expert, but I have learned a few tricks that have made them less intimidating.

To celebrate this personal accomplishment, I wanted to share a week dedicated to crusts.

It's kind of a pie crusts 101 for those of you who want to make a pie, but are a little overwhelmed with the idea of making a crust from scratch.

So get ready for 5 days of crusts

Your 'PIErenticeship starts:

Monday, June 14, 2010
 (and "technically" I'll be half-way by then, I hope)

If you would like to show your support, take a button. They're free.




Pie Love You



1 comment:

  1. You are great! And such a pun-ster... but we knew that from the Linger-longers. I am am very anxious to learn all about crusts!

    ReplyDelete